
Today provided for a rare treat. The stars aligned and Colleen and I just happened to be in Syracuse on the same day. What a great way to wrap up my weekend at Kurt & Holley's wedding than for lunch with Colleen, her Mom and some of my friends. Kelson, who I carpooled with, along with Carmen and Christine. We decided to meet at Tully's - an old standby. There's something about that green turtle that lures us in every time. Maybe it's the thought that somehow the Tully's dance team might show up and sit down at our table!
Of course, I can't forget that Hoster was there with us. His persistence helped get us a table all together. The Tully's staff tried to get us to take two booths back to back. But knowing there was a back room with long tables, Hoster went to investigate and successfully lobbied for the staff to open up that room. Thanks Hoster.
We started lunch by checking out the 100+ photos from Kurt and Holley's wedding - which can be found on a facebook or irma site near you. We laughed recounting our favorite moments (5 pieces of cake was mine - or maybe it was the dancing chicken). Lunch portions were huge, the laughs were bigger and Kelson gave us all a surprise when after giving me a $20, he decided he wanted to pay with credit once the waitress showed up. I gave him a hard time - probably too much so - then headed to the parking lot for photos (see above - I'm too lazy to drag it down to this spot in the post). Also, maybe if it's not here, you won't notice that Colleen's hand is strategically placed on my chest. Hmm, what might she be covering up??? I'll let our viewers guess. First e-mail responder with the right answer wins my leftovers. Act quickly...
Before leaving, we exchanged hugs and Christine and I got to show Colleen our piggy back trick.
Saying goodbye was tough, but I was grateful for the chance to meet up in a place that has a lot of meaning for us.
GRAY SKIES IN SYRACUSE: C-
TULLY'S FOOD: B-
GREAT COMPANY: A+
--posted by Jon
No comments:
Post a Comment