Sunday, July 6, 2014

July 6, 2014

Today Kendra, Stefanie, and I had brunch (which apparently is a very DC thing to do) inside a bookstore: Kramerbooks and Afterwords Cafe and Grill. How punny! How perfect! Everything looked huge portion-wise, but fortunately Kendra convinced us to go for it, so we got to try a whole bunch of things. My banana French Toast also came with scrambled eggs, bacon, red potatoes, and the fruit and mini muffins that came with the table. It was good to talk about shows with my kindred spirits!

Afterward, Kendra and I went in search of a mailbox and stumbled into a Farmer's Market where I got to taste more fresh fruit. We also found this interesting building - the Brewmaster's Castle - which was unfortunately closed. Looks like a return visit is in order!

Kendra asked if there was anything else I wanted to see - perhaps take a drive down by the monuments. I then realized I had only seen the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial on the TV feeds so we drove down there. Parking spots kept getting taken ahead of us, so I hopped out to grab some pics. Something else I need to go back to see to enjoy a little more!

On the plane ride home, I read a review of a new movie out about ... wait for it .. Daisy and Violet Hilton, the twins on whom Side Show is based! The documentary is called Bound by Flesh. I need to have Dad put it in his Netflix queue!

This was a great weekend with great friends!

-- POSTED BY COLLEEN

No comments:

Post a Comment