Today we decided to check out the Massachusetts State Capitol. I'd never been on a tour there, despite my living here for 4 years. My tour guide eased my concerns when I told her this. She said, "If you had grown up here, you'd never take a tour."
It was a brisk day, so it was nice to come in off the steps of the State House to get warm. The guy who was on a tour with us seemed unusually interested in the short stories offered by a tour guide. My favorite part of the tour was checking out the Senate and House Chambers and seeing the Hall of Flags, although I forgot to go back and find the Natick flag. You'll have to settle for our semi-naked Native American on our state logo.
Afterwards, Colleen and I went fishing at the frog pond, but all we caught was a cold// make that - cold weather. We braved the chill to take a walk along the Freedom Trail. We found a restaurant that looked like someplace we should definitely check out.
Keeping with the animal theme, the Dominick the Donkey Statue outside Ruth's Chris (make that - the Old City Hall - who says Boston values its history???) was a neat find, as were the footprints in front of Dominick - who apparently is a bleeding-heart liberal.
Tonight, I made dinner - even though a water main break meant no H2O at 5 P.O. Dick Cheney held his own at Jeopardy and the American Idol contestants were Simon-worthy.
State House Tour: B+
Boston's Statues: A+
--POSTED BY JON
No comments:
Post a Comment