Friday, October 17, 2008

Grand Canyon of the East

October 17, 2008
Letchworth State Park


I was amazed to learn Colleen had only been here as a child and had no recollection of the place. So, I was happy to bring her here. I got a quick taste of the place a few years back with our good friend Aaron who was driving a little too fast close to a cliff in the snow if you ask me. This trip was much more leisurely. The 30-plus mile drive is beautiful, following a ever-deepening canyon and river bed. The leaves were beautiful, and there were plenty of people out and about on a weekday to check them out. My favorite part was the series of three waterfalls near the end of the ride - where we stumbled upon a great waterfall. Note what's at the end of the rainbow.

Letchworth gets an A. My driving directions get a B- for accidentally heading toward Pennsylvania instead of Arkport on the ride back home. Luckilly we still made dinner on time.

-posted by Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment