Today I accomplished a childhood dream - visiting Boulder, Colorado. Don't laugh too hard. For some reason, I've always wanted to go there. Unfinished business from a 1997 college tour vacation, ok, let it go! Colleen had to work, so after visiting her station, I hit the road. The weather was beautiful. First stop, Chataqua Park where I did some hiking at the base of the flatirons, enjoyed some great views of downtown Boulder and felt the top of my head getting a sunburn. It was a melancholy feeling. Happy that it was sunny enough to finally get some skin color. Unhappy that my hair is thinner than an Olsen twin.
After lunch, I did some walking around downtown Boulder, but was called back to the mountains. A hair-raising drive up toward Flagstaff Mountain proved rewarding once I parked the car and could temporarily forget wondering if Colleen had good enough brakes to actually get back down into Boulder in one piece. The views from up here were great. I forgot how much I love hiking.
Determined to wear out my knee and make up for months of lost exercise in snowy New England, I returned to Boulder to walk along the path that follows Boulder Creek to the University of Colorado campus where I found some interesting creatures.
At sunset, it was back to Denver to meet Colleen and have our long-awaited Valentine's Dinner. Texas Roadhouse was packed, but the peanuts were great and the soundtrack was fabulous. After a great conversation and dinner, we returned home to watch a recorded version of the Daytona 500. It's amazing how fast you can watch when you tape it and just look for the crashes and Jimmie Johnson commercials - "pipe fitting guys!"
At sunset, it was back to Denver to meet Colleen and have our long-awaited Valentine's Dinner. Texas Roadhouse was packed, but the peanuts were great and the soundtrack was fabulous. After a great conversation and dinner, we returned home to watch a recorded version of the Daytona 500. It's amazing how fast you can watch when you tape it and just look for the crashes and Jimmie Johnson commercials - "pipe fitting guys!"Then we watched Wall-E - which reminds me of Walleye (ahh, Minnesota, republicans, Kid Rock and 18 hour workdays). But, that's another story - and I'm full anyway. The movie was cool, although a bit frustrating at times. I don't know why, but for some reason I keep saying things like "Puuuu-maaa??" I'm sure it will pass.
Boulder - A -
Road House Dinner - A+
Daytona 500 - C- silly rain shortened races
Wall-E B-
Walleye - A+++ where can I find some?
No comments:
Post a Comment