Today Colleen worked and I set off for the first mountains I could find. I didn't have to drive far - just a short 25 minute trip to Golden, Colorado and I found myself staring at the hills rising sharply up to the sky.
I decided to explore Apex Park, hiking up a dirt trail filled with mountain bikers. At a crossroads, I asked which trail had the better view and a biker told me to go right. "There will be fewer bikers too!" she said. The climb offered incredible views of Denver and the much less occasional mountain biker. How do they climb up these trails? Today was sunny and in the high 70's. It hasn't been that warm anywhere I've been since last fall.

After hiking, I stopped for a... wait for it... 5, 5 dollar, 5 dollar foot long!!!... then I took a drive up to Lookout Mountain and did some more hiking around the area.
I found Buffalo Bill's grave and then drove back down to Golden on a windy road they call the Lariat Loop. Colleen's brakes held up well and I got back on level ground in no time. Golden itself was kind of quiet. Just a barking golden retriever in the yard next to the final trail I decided to explore. I didn't go too far after seeing the warning sign about "mountain lion activity." I know I'm a puma, but I don't know if my distant cousins would quite see it that way.

After hiking it was back to Colleen's for a shower. I had quite the sock line - dirt caked on everywhere on my leg except for underneath my sock. Shannon and I picked up Colleen at work, then returned for a great dinner with Colleen's friends Paola and Dan.
Super people.
hiking in Golden: A
city of Golden: C-
Sunshine and 70's: A+
--POSTED BY JON
I decided to explore Apex Park, hiking up a dirt trail filled with mountain bikers. At a crossroads, I asked which trail had the better view and a biker told me to go right. "There will be fewer bikers too!" she said. The climb offered incredible views of Denver and the much less occasional mountain biker. How do they climb up these trails? Today was sunny and in the high 70's. It hasn't been that warm anywhere I've been since last fall.
After hiking, I stopped for a... wait for it... 5, 5 dollar, 5 dollar foot long!!!... then I took a drive up to Lookout Mountain and did some more hiking around the area.
I found Buffalo Bill's grave and then drove back down to Golden on a windy road they call the Lariat Loop. Colleen's brakes held up well and I got back on level ground in no time. Golden itself was kind of quiet. Just a barking golden retriever in the yard next to the final trail I decided to explore. I didn't go too far after seeing the warning sign about "mountain lion activity." I know I'm a puma, but I don't know if my distant cousins would quite see it that way.
After hiking it was back to Colleen's for a shower. I had quite the sock line - dirt caked on everywhere on my leg except for underneath my sock. Shannon and I picked up Colleen at work, then returned for a great dinner with Colleen's friends Paola and Dan.
hiking in Golden: A
city of Golden: C-
Sunshine and 70's: A+
--POSTED BY JON
No comments:
Post a Comment