Earlier this week I decided that today I would look for shoes at David's Bridal. I had picked out two veils and two shoes that I liked online. One of the styles for the shoes, Karin, was available in the stores. There are a few stores in the Denver area so I found the closest one to me and, even though I was just looking for shoes and a veil, since it said to call for an appointment, I called to ask if I needed an appointment. The person I talked to said that even though I wasn't looking for a dress, I should still call to make an appointment, so I made one for 5:30.
I arrived a few minutes before schedule. As expected, there was a person sitting behind a registration desk in the front. (I snuck into a David's Bridal with my friend Christine several years ago (before I was engaged, obviously) and we skirted past the registration desk and acted like we were supposed to be there (although I was worried about being kicked out so we didn't stay too long).) That person was with someone else so I said, "No problem. I'll wait." When it came time for my turn, I told the salesperson that I was looking for shoes and a veil and I showed her the ones from the Web site I had printed as well as a printed copy of my dress for matching purposes. She said she was going to have to check to see if they had one of the veils that I wanted and said I should go to the shoes. I said I didn't know where that was and she directed me to the back.
I waited a few minutes for her to come, but she didn't so I started looking at the shoes. I found the Karin style and another other one that I liked. I waited a few more minutes, but the woman was still a no show, so I decided to try on the shoes. However, when I tried on the Karin in an 8 1/2, my toes were well off the edge. I tried again in an 8 and a 9 and they all felt the same tightness-wise, but my toes were off the end. I couldn't recall that happening in my other shoes, so I wasn't sure if this was unique to this shoe, but no one was around for me to ask. Not the woman, not another sales person. Finally, I just put them back and moved on to the veils.
I was more encouraged because they had veils starting at $20, but I didn't get that wow factor. More importantly, that woman never came back to help! What was the point of an appointment if no one was going to help me? I wouldn't have expected it without an appointment, but now I did!
I finally did spot the initial sales clerk... up at the register... doing... something. I snuck out before she had a chance to ask why I didn't buy anything. To be continued... -- POSTED BY COLLEEN
No comments:
Post a Comment