Mom was inspired while she slept to include Target in our shoe search, so after church we headed to the Target on I-25 and Arapahoe. This particular store only had a few shoes and they were all black, BUT there was a Payless store next door, so we decided to check that out.
The store wasn't open, but we could see a strappy pair of silver shoes that looked like they would do the trick so we decided to wait it out until the doors opened at 11. At 11:10, no one had arrived yet. I guessed that soon a person in a rush would be charging the doors, late to work, and, sure enough, a few minutes later, we saw that I was right.
We gave the frazzled sales clerk a few minutes and then went in. She asked us if we had gone on C-470 (the road we took from church) because they were doing construction and it was down to one lane, and, as a matter of fact, she was late because of it.
Sadly, the silver shoe was only available in a 7 1/2 because it was an outgoing model. I tried it on anyway, but it was way too tight.
We also found another shoe in an 8....
and an 8 1/2.
The toes were better, but I was teetering all over the place.
Then the clerk mentioned that she could call another store and see if they had Shoe #1 in an 8. One of the options was right by work so I said I would try that store. I also asked if they had an 8 1/2. They did not, but I decided to try my luck anyway as the 8 in the second style at Payless didn't have toe overhang issues.
When she printed out the slip for us to claim the shoes, I saw that not only were the shoes marked down to $7 because they were a discounted model, but that we would get an ADDITIONAL $3 for having to travel! I've never had that before. I left discouraged, but also pretty stoked about the idea of $4 shoes! -- POSTED BY COLLEEN



No comments:
Post a Comment